Monday, December 15, 2008

Throwing our Shoes

You've probably seen this video by now...a few points below.

1. Bush ducks, but gets back up in time for the second shot. I would have hit the floor and stayed down.
2. Wait, Bush ducked? That's right, he's got some good reflexes, actually.
3. Cameras, not guns were drawn on the shoe-throwing journalist. Is that because the press conference was safe, and no guns were in the room, or because everyone was more concerned about getting the hot picture than safety?

1 comment:

kimber said...

Those were damn good reflexes! I was quite surprised. It also surprised me how unconcerned Bush acted as shoes were flying at his head. I saw this video at the club with no sound, so I didn't even realize they were shoes at first; my initial thought was oh shit, someone just threw a bomb at Bush! But no. What a strange happening, nonetheless.